UEI’s Ecolink® Announces Two NEW Sensor Products
Mar 28, 2023
Las Vegas, NV. March 23, 2032—Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC), the global leader in wireless universal control solutions for home entertainment and smart home devices, announced at the International Security Conference & Exposition – also known as ISC West, trade show in Las Vegas, two new products by its Ecolink subsidiary: a new Floor/Freeze Detector with a water detection rope sensor and a new wearable Panic Button. Branded under UEI’s subsidiary, Ecolink® Intelligent Technology, Inc. (“Ecolink”), the Flood/ Freeze Detector detects water leaks to avoid costly water damage as well as detecting when temperatures drop below 41 °F (5°C) . In addition, Ecolink has announced a wearable personal Panic Button designed to summon help in an emergency, such as a fall or other health emergency.
Features of the new Ecolink Flood/Freeze Detector
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION – The Sensor’s design allows for placement in any location where leaks may result in flooding or damage.
- ADDED Rope SENSOR /EXTENDED COVERAGE - The Detector comes with a water detection rope sensor, bracket and mounting screws to allow for additional installation locations on vertical surfaces such as on walls or cabinet interiors, with the rope sensor extending onto the floor to detect water.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE AND COMPATIBILITY – Up to an 8 -year battery life, compatible with 319.5 MHz wireless receivers such as those used by Qolsys, GE and Interlogix. Extended compatibility with 345 MHz (Honeywell) and 433 MHz (DSC) protocols. Projected availability in the second half of 2023.
Features of the new Ecolink Wearable Panic Button
- THREE ALERT DEMANDS – The Panic Button has a single tap, double tap or press and hold demand button presses.
- PERSONABLE- The Panic Button can be personalized and wearable with the included smartwatch wristbands, belt clip or lanyard.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE AND COMPATIBILITY – Up to 5-year battery life, compatible with 319.5 Mhz wireless receivers such as those used by Qolsys, GE and Interlogix. Extended compatibility with 345 MHz (Honeywell) and 433 MHz (DSC) protocols. Projected availability in the second half of 2023.
Products are estimated to be available in late Q2, the products will ship through Ecolink professional security dealers in North America.
“Building on more than 30 years of experience in creating security-grade technology, our expertise in sensor technology keeps us at the forefront of pro-security solutions and we are excited to announce these new products and expanded capabilities of our product lines, this demonstrates our commitment to our partners to deliver the solutions our customers need and ask for,” said Hrag Ohannessian, SVP Sales for Home Automation, Security and Hospitality.
Sensor Product Enhancements
As an industry-leading brand in Security and Home Automation, Ecolink offers Pro-Security dealers unprecedented access to the highest quality, cost-effective wireless products. Ecolink has expanded compatibility on two products released last fall:
- Wireless PIR Sesnsor– Pet Immunity up to 85 lbs and features a high-performance algorithm and Fresnel lens pattern. Available for the 319.5 MHz and 433Mhz-compatible pro-security panels
- Z-WAVE Long Range Garage Door Controller - Compatible with most automatic garage door openers and has a range of 2200 feet line of sight communications with a paired Z-Wave long-range enabled panel or hub
To learn more about these new products and product enhancements, schedule time with us at ISC West 2023, book here.
About Universal Electronics Inc.
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC), the global leader in wireless universal control solutions for home entertainment and smart home devices, designs, develops, manufactures, ships and supports both hardware and software control and sensor technology solutions. Serving video, telecommunications, security service providers, television, smart home, and HVAC system manufacturers, UEI partners with Fortune 500 customers such as Comcast, Vivint Smart Home, Samsung, LG, Sony, Daikin, and many others. With over 600 patents, for over 35 years UEI has been pioneering breakthrough innovations such as voice control and QuickSet cloud, the world’s leading platform for automated set-up and control of devices in the home. For more information, visit www.uei.com or contact email@example.com to meet onsite at ISC West or set up a meeting.
Ecolink is a trademark of Universal Electronics Inc. All other trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely development, delivery and market acceptance of Ecolink products and technologies including the Sensor and Panic Button products identified in this release; the successful development and manufacturing of underlying technologies by the Z-Wave Alliance, the ability of UEI to purchase Z-Wave compatible products identified in this release in the quantities anticipated by management; the continued penetration and growth of Z-Wave capable products and technologies identified in this release; and other factors described in UEI’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The actual results that UEI achieves may differ materially from any forward-looking statement due to such risks and uncertainties. UEI undertakes no obligations to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.
Eva R. Delgado